Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Anger and Frustration

I went to sleep thinking about it last night, and woke up this morning doing the same.

Tuesday's decision, in one inarticulate but fitting word, sucked! And, it had me shying away from writing here all day.

I've instead spent the day really trying to wrap my mind around it all, thinking about my former co-workers at Equality Maryland and all the hard work they and the plaintiffs put into this case.

Last night's rally was reviving. Dan Furmansky, Equality Maryland's Executive Director, was inspirational, as were the many other speakers.

Still, it is hard to realize that my summer dream of having my home state accept same-sex marriage is not yet to be.

But I won't lose hope. Someday same-sex marriage will be realized in Maryland. Until then, we just have to keep up the fight!

My heart goes out to all the same-sex couples in the state.

All the best.

No comments: